|100 Year Old Best Friends|
|click image to open video page|
So funny. Watch these two 100 year old best friends on TV giving their opinion about some modern issues in pop culture.
- Hi there, everybody! Listen, you know, last month we had 100-year-old best friends share their secrets to lifelong happiness and friendship. Now, these two women have been friends for 94 years. Can you imagine what you'd think of the world today if you grew up back in the 30s? Well, we asked them to give us their opinions and their takes on today's pop culture. Very funny some of the stuff they had to say. Check out Irene and Alice.
WHAT IS A SELFIE?
- I don't know what you're saying.
- Where you take a picture of yourself and you put it on Facebook and let everybody see it.
- When- When do you take a picture of yourself?
- Oh! they do it, they do it.
- I don't.
- Oh no, you don't and I don't, but they do.
- Who's they?
- All the people. I could try that sometime
- I had enough pictures taken of me, I don't have to take my own picture.
WHAT IS TWERKING?
- Have you heard of it?
- The dance?
- Oh, I've been so far from the dance floor that I don't know what's going on.
- We did the one-two-three-shuffle [laughs] But now, when I think of it, we must have looked like -- I don't now what.
ARE YOU DISAPPOINTED IN THE NEW iPhone OPERANTING SYSTEM?
- Yes: 100 percent! Listen! Oh, I am so irritated! I don't know what in the hell is going on. But it brings out these all kinds of things before and you... and you can't call the telephone company. You get some mummy, I think they are, answering the phone.
So I don't know what happened to good old Illinois Bell Telephone that used to bill for.
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF JUSTIN BIEBER?
- Oh, that kid, the singer?
- What do you think of who?
- Justin “Biever”, that singer. I think he's in movies, isn't he? He's not doing something right, from what I heard, I don't remember. Did -- am I right?
(- You're right, you're right, you’re definitely right. )
- Oh, yeah! He's... but I don't know what that is.
- Good, let's go to the next question: That wasn't a very good one for us, wasn’t it?
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE BABY NAME NORTH WEST?
- What is ---? I didn't hear --
- The baby name - what do you think of the baby name North? North? Whose name is that?
- Spell it!
- N-O-R-T-H? You’re kidding!
DO YOU KNOW WHAT BFS STANDS FOR?
- Oh, Be F--?
- BFS. Oh, best friends? No, oh!
- F, Friends
- When we’re saying good bye. BFS.
- That’s close to !@#$
Ha ha ha ha
Man! I kid you not. I love them two ladies right there. I hope that God lets me live long enough and I have a friend, somebody, man, I can sit around at 100, and just cuss!
THEIR TAKES= (coll.) Their personal vision, their opinion or interpretation.
STUFF= (coll.) Things.
CHECK OUT= (coll.) Come and see.
SELFIE= A picture you take of yourself, usually with your mobile phone.
TWERKING= When a woman dances trying to excite a man using her rear end. Originally restricted to prostitutes and strip-tease girls, but now performed by many women of similar vocation, such as Miley Cyrus (formerly known as Hanna Montana) or Rihanna.
IRRITATED= Angry, annoyed.
WHAT IN THE HELL= A very emphatic form of WHAT (and a little bit rude)
GOING ON= Happening.
BRING OUT= Produce.
MUMMY= (coll.) A stupid person who behaves and talks like a zombie and can't make any sense. (literally: a momified dead person from ancient Egypt)
GOOD OLD= We put this in front of a noun to show we have warm feelings for it:
- Good old George phoned an hour ago.
- I'm so glad to be back in good old England. I missed it so much.
YOU'RE KIDDING= You must be joking (I don't believe you)
BFS= (slang) Best Friend Status (not a very common expression)
CLOSE TO= Almost.
MAN= An expression usually showing surprise or pleasure.
I KID YOU NOT= (archaic or dialectal) I'm not kidding you, I'm serious.
THEM= (very coll.) Those.
CUSS= Swear, curse, say profane things.