|5-14 it's half past five|
|click image to open video page|
Survival course to learn English from scratch
INSTRUCTIONS TO STUDY
1- watch the video. 2- watch it again repeating after the teacher. 3- read the transcript (optional), see if you understand. 4- watch the video again once or more times until you learn the lesson well. 5- now try to use some objects to reproduce the dialogue (more or less) so you can practise what you just learnt.
- What time is it, Tom?
- It's five fifteen. Or you can say "it's quarter after five".
- What time is it now, Tom?
- It's five thirty. Or you can say "it's half past five".
- What time is it now?
- It's quarter to six or five forty-five.
- It's five fifty or ten of six
- Are you going to the store today?
- What time do you think you'll go to the store?
- Oh, around six. I'll go around six.