|Giving directions - a car joke|
|click image to open video page|
A joke to practice directions.
- Do you know where the post office is?
- Uhm, The one at Elkinston or the one at Churchiston?
- Elkinson. That's it. Yeah, yeah, Elkinson, yeah.
- Elkinson. Well I think it's just down here.
- Over there?
- Yeah. Go to the end of this road.
- Then take first left.
- First left.
- At the end of the road.
- And then the first right after that. And then the post-office should be...
- ... hang on a minute.
- Ain't this the wrong way round? Don't people...
- ... in cars usually ask directions?
- Oh, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna be... oh yes, it's... just...
- Shall we...?
- Yes, ok.
- Ok. Do you know where the post-office is?
- Yeah. It's just down here, at the end of the road. Turn left. Your first right after that and then... it's on your left.
- Ok. I'll probably end up asking someone down the street anyway.
- I'll catch you later. Thanks very much.
- Good luck.
- Yeah. Cheers! Thanks. See you later.
HANG ON= Wait.
AIN'T= (coll.) Isn't.
GONNA= (coll.) Going to.
SHALL WE?= Used to make a suggestion (= Why don't we [change places])
CHEERS= (coll.) Thanks.