|Shopping (clothes, etc) (abitofenglish)|
|click image to open video page|
Learn expressions to use at the shops.
MORE RELATED SHOPPING VIDEOS BELOW.
- May I help you?
- I'm just checking things out.
- Are you looking for something in particular?
- No... well... yeah... something conservative.
- You've got nice stuff.
- Thank you.
- How much is it?
- I don't think this will fit you.
- Well... I didn't ask if it would fit, I asked how much it was.
- How much is this, Marie?
- It's very expensive!
- It's very expensive.
- Look! I've got money to spend in here.
- I don't think we have anything for you. You're obviously in the wrong place. Please, leave.
- Hello. You must be Vivian. My name's Bridget.
- Yeah, hi! Barney said you'd be nice to me.
- He's very sweet! What are your plans while you're in town?
- We're gonna have dinner.
- Oh, don't sit on here, dear! You're gonna go out? Dinner? Well, you'll need a cocktail dress then. Come with me. Now, I'm sure we're gonna find something here that your uncle will love. You're a size six, right?
- Yeah. How'd you know that?
- Oh, that's my job.
- Bridge, he's not really my uncle.
- They never are, dear.
- People are looking at me.
- They're not looking at you; they're looking at me.
- The stores are not nice to people. I don't like it.
- Stores are never nice to people; they're nice to credit cards. Ok, stop fidgeting. Get rid of your gum. ... I don't believe you did that!
- Yes. I am Mr. Hollister, the manager. May I help you?
- Edward Lewis.
- Ah, yes, sir.
- You see this young lady over there?
- Anything you see there, we can do. By the way, get ready to have some fun, ok? Mary Pat, Mary Kate, Mary Francis, Tovah. Let's see it! Come on, brig it out, girls.
- Oh, this is absolutely divine.
- Excuse me, sir. Uh...
- Exactly how obscene an amount of money were you talking about? Just profane or really offensive?
- Really offensive.
- I like him so much!
- Mr. Lewis, sir. Mr. Lewis, hows's it going so far? Pretty well, I think?
- I think we need some major sucking up.
- Very well, sir. You're not only handsome, but a powerful man. I could see the second you walked in here you were someone to reckon with...
- Yes, sir.
- Not me. Her.
- I'm sorry, sir. I'm sorry.
Pretty woman walking down the street.
Pretty woman, the kind I like to meet.
I don't believe you, you're not the truth.
No one can look as good as you.
- Edward would love that tie.
- Would you give her the tie?
- The tie?
- Take off the tie. Give her the tie. He really wants to do this, by the way.
- He would go crazy about this tie.
- Who ordered pizza...?
Pretty woman, stop a while.
Pretty woman, talk a while.
Pretty woman, give your smile to me.
Pretty woman, yea, yea, yea.
Pretty woman, look my way.
Pretty woman, say you'll stay with me.
- May I help you?
- No, thank you.
- Hello, do you remember me?
- No, I'm sorry.
- I was here yesterday. You wouldn't wait on me.
- You work on comission, right?
- Uh, yes.
- Big mistake. Big. Huge! I have to go shopping now.
Pretty woman, don't walk on by.
Pretty woman, don't make me cry.
Pretty woman, don't walk away, hey...
Oh, pretty woman!